Sunday, January 18, 2009

omygoodness

As a mom sometimes these opportunity's strike and you can choose to let your kids be kids or to get all "mom" about it, and today I decided... what the hell. She was happier than I think I have ever seen her, denying her this would have been so sad and as cool as this was for her, I was proud of my self for letting go. This as you moms know can be hard. Granted I have a bathtub full of mud, some laundry and a ugly mud puddle in my yard, but these are the days memories are made from. I know this won't be the last mud mess I clean up in my life, and I'm glad I know that it will be okay.

4 comments:

Maria Sauerbrei said...

you my dear or quite brave! But she does look pretty stinkin' happy!

Unknown said...

ROTFL, her face is just the best in these pics. Yeah mom for being brave and letting her do her thing. Those are some of the best moments. :-)

Derek and Maura said...

I can tell this must have happened when you were home and not daddy :-)How fun for Mikayla!! Love it.

Kaisha said...

love that!!! Love the messy times of toddlerhood!